27.730, Qs: Piattino object clitic doubling

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 8 17:30:37 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-730. Mon Feb 08 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.730, Qs: Piattino object clitic doubling

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 12:30:19
From: Peter Arkadiev [alpgurev at gmail.com]
Subject: Piattino object clitic doubling

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for examples (naturalistic or constructed) of direct and indirect
object clitic doubling in the Piattino dialect of Italian. Birgit Gerlach
(1998: 26; 2002: 217) reports that Piattino has obligatory doubling of all
indirect objects and of specific direct objects, but provides not a single
example supporting these claims. I'd be most grateful for examples and
references (including work published in Italian).

Thanks in advance!
Peter Arkadiev

Gerlach, Birgit. 1998. Restrictions on clitic sequences and conditions on the
occurrence of clitics in Romance. Theorie des Lexicons. Arbeiten des
Sonderforschungsberichts 282 № 105.
eadem. 2002. Clitics between Syntax and Lexicon. (Linguistik Aktuell 51)
Amsterdam, Philadelphia: John Benjamins.

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology
                     Syntax
                     Typology

Subject Language(s): Italian (ita)