27.733, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 8 17:52:54 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-733. Mon Feb 08 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.733, Jobs: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Linguist, Mango Languages

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 12:52:46
From: Evangelia Mouma [lilia.mouma at mangolanguage.com]

University or Organization: Mango Languages
Department: Content Development
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.mangolanguages.com/
Job Title: Linguist
Job Rank: Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Why We Need You:

To design, create, and coordinate new products and features as well as
improvements to existing products and features, while managing contractor
teams through all stages of course and product development. To coordinate and
manage our online teams of teachers and learners

The ideal candidate will be located in Europe and work remotely.

Job Summary:

As the leading language-learning resource for libraries in North America, our
linguists are very important. We’re looking for a language lover that can work
their magic on our products and content – and teach us a second language while
they’re at it.

The perfect candidate is passionate about languages, has a great work ethic,
and is excited to dedicate their linguistic skills to creating innovative,
high quality products. In fact, your excitement should be matched only by your
extensive knowledge of language and linguistics, which you’ll use to train
editors, developers, and contribute to course development. You’ll be given a
variety of challenging, innovative projects, along with specific assigned
courses on which to focus your creative energies from start to finish. You’ll
also use your language superpowers to improve our course development process
and work with tech to develop aspects of the language courses.

Speaking of superpowers, Mango’s newest Linguist should embrace one of our
most beloved core values: an entrepreneurial spirit. Your role will involve
taking innovative ideas and bringing them to life with your unbeatable
knowledge of language and incredible work ethic. Every day, you’ll be
encouraged by your colleagues to take risks and work hard to bring a worthy
vision to life – and come Friday, kick back, relax and celebrate a job well
done with food and drinks at our weekly Fiesta Fridays. Ready to be one of
Mango’s All Star Linguists? We can’t wait to meet you.

Responsibilities:

- Concept new language learning innovations and optimizations as it pertains
to content and processes
- Coordinate course development from recruiting to QA on time and on budget
- Manage subject matter experts throughout all development stages of a product
/ course
- Consult on product-related projects (for verticals or as otherwise needed)
- Train on linguistic, product creation and process-related needs
- Document and organize training materials for linguistic, product creation
and process-related needs
- Manage our online teams of teachers and learners, who are located all over
the world. The ideal candidate will be located in Europe and work remotely.

Qualifications:

Position Requirements:

- Bachelor or Master's degree in Linguistics
- Native or near fluency in a second language
- Project management experience

Key Characteristics:

- Pure passion for languages
- Excited about developing language learning courses
- Team player
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Enthusiastic
- Self-motivated
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and determination to succeed
- Ability to clearly understand company goals
- Commitment to teamwork and overall success of Mango Languages

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2016 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Mrs Evangelia Mouma
	30445 Northwestern Hwy
	Suite 300