27.874, Jobs: General Linguistics: Research Coordinator, Amazon

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 17 18:05:56 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-874. Wed Feb 17 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.874, Jobs: General Linguistics: Research Coordinator, Amazon

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:05:52
From: Shannon Redlin [sredlin at amazon.com]
Subject: General Linguistics: Research Coordinator, Amazon, Massachusetts, USA

University or Organization: Amazon
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Job Rank: Other; Research Coordinator

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions
behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard,
having fun, and making history; come join us!

Amazon is seeking experienced and highly motivated Research Coordinators to
join our growing data team. The ideal candidate will be flexible,
detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills. This position
requires the ability to work with minimal direction, and the capacity to
condense complex and ambiguous concepts into clear, straightforward
conventions materials. Having an eye for process improvement is also critical,
as we will look to the Research Coordinator for input on how to evolve our
current processes.

Research Coordinators will manage day-to-day operations for data collection
projects, including conventions documentation and reporting. A background in
linguistics is not required, but useful.

https://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/378918, https://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/378919 -
multiple openings; this position will work with new expansion projects

https://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/380066 - this position will work with our dialog
and discourse research team

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2016 (Open until filled)

Contact Information:
	Shannon Redlin
	Email: sredlin at amazon.com

          http://multitree.org/