27.1004, Calls: Cog Sci, General Ling, Historical Ling, Psycholing, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 26 15:44:19 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1004. Fri Feb 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1004, Calls: Cog Sci, General Ling, Historical Ling, Psycholing, Socioling/USA

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:44:10
From: Mike Olsen [michael.olsen25 at uga.edu]
Subject: 3rd Annual Linguistics Conference at the University of Georgia

Full Title: 3rd Annual Linguistics Conference at the University of Georgia
Short Title: LCUGA 3

Date: 07-Oct-2016 - 09-Oct-2016
Location: Athens, Georgia, USA
Contact Person: Mike Olsen
Meeting Email: ugalinguistics at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.lsuga.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Jun-2016

Meeting Description:

The Linguistics Society at the University of Georgia (LSUGA) announces the
Third Annual Linguistics Conference at UGA (LCUGA 3). Following the tradition
of previous LSUGA conferences, we invite presentations which span linguistics
subfields as well as incorporate interdisciplinary research from other areas
of the sciences and humanities.

Call for Papers:

The central focus of this year's conference will be ''The Lexicon,'' broadly
construed. In keeping with this focus, we encourage presentations from any
subdiscipline of linguistics which address the kinds of information
(phonological, morphological, syntactic, semantic, etc.) that might be encoded
in the mental lexicon, in addition to papers dealing with considerations of
(e.g.) diachronic changes in the lexicons of individual languages, the
influence of sociolinguistic variables on lexical variation, lexical variation
in linguistic corpora, the lexical status of fixed expressions such as idioms,
and the mental and/or biological organization of the lexicon itself.

Although preference will be given to high-quality submissions which address
our central focus, we also welcome presentations on any topic relevant to the
field of linguistics writ large. We especially welcome presentations concerned
with the interfaces between different modules of the grammar (e.g., the
syntax-phonology interface), and those which draw on methodologies associated
with multiple subfields or which are collaborative or interdisciplinary in
nature.

Applicants are welcome to submit up to two abstracts, one single-authored and
one co-authored contribution. Presenters will be allotted 20 minutes, plus
5-10 minutes of discussion.

Abstract guidelines:

Abstracts should not exceed 500 words (not including title and references);
any examples should be incorporated into the text of the abstract with
relevant figures, charts, and/or graphs included on a single separate page.
Abstracts must be in PDF format, and must not include any personally
identifying information. Submissions that do not comply with the above
guidelines will not be considered for acceptance. Please send abstracts
meeting the above criteria to ugalinguistics at gmail.com.

For questions and inquiries regarding LCUGA 3, please see our website
www.lsuga.com or email ugalinguistics at gmail.com.

          http://multitree.org/