27.1009, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Indonesia

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 26 18:23:52 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1009. Fri Feb 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1009, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Indonesia

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:23:35
From: Maria Hidayati [maria.hidayati.fs at um.ac.id]
Subject: Language, Society and Culture in Asian Contexts

Full Title: Language, Society and Culture in Asian Contexts
Short Title: LSCAC 2016

Date: 24-May-2016 - 25-May-2016
Location: Malang, Indonesia
Contact Person: Maria Hidayati
Meeting Email: maria.hidayati.fs at um.ac.id
Web Site: http://lscac2016.um.ac.id/home.php

Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2016

Meeting Description:

This conference invites practitioners, researchers, students, and teachers to
identify and discuss various aspects of languages, cultures and societies in
Asia. The main focus of this conference is Asian diversities and ways to
cultivate and cast the diversities to enable the Asians to live and
strategically take roles in globalized civilization.

Rationale:

Asian societies are not only unique in socio-economic structure, but also rich
in linguistic and cultural diversities. Those diversities are prospective to
enrich the understanding of multi-dimensional and multi-layered character of
Asian societies. The understanding would bring people in the continent
together and enable them to become global citizens through the diversities
that Asians have. Moreover, to research, explore and reflect on Asian
diversities as ways in cultivating and casting the diversities would enhance
our understanding of who we are and what we have. The deeper and better
understanding of who we are leads to strategies for the empowerment of the
Asians.

Call for Papers:

Topic Areas:

- Foreign Language Teaching in the Asian Contexts
- Dynamics in Asian Societies
- Fine Arts in Asia
- Modern Asian Literatures
- Pop and Digital Culture in Asia
- Indigenous Languages in Asia
- Socio-cultural-based Education in Asia
- Multicultural Education in Asia
- Environment and Sustainable Development in Asia
- ICT-based Education in the Asian Contexts
- Early Childhood Education in Asia
- Educational Governance in the Asian Contexts
- Asian Culture and Heritage

Abstract is to be written in Ms. Word (.doc) using Times New Roman, font size
11, on A4 paper. Abstract should be written in English and should not exceed
300 words.

Means of Submission:

Abstract should be sent to LSCAC2016 at um.ac.id
Abstract online submission is also available in our website:
http://lscac2016.um.ac.id

Expected Timeline:

Abstract Submission Deadline (Extended): March 15, 2016
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: March 21, 2016
Full Paper Submission Deadline: April 21, 2016
Registration and Payment Deadline: April 30, 2016
Conference Dates: May 24 – 25, 2016