27.3, Calls: General Ling/Turkey

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 4 17:17:10 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3. Mon Jan 04 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3, Calls: General Ling/Turkey

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:16:53
From: Salim Razı [salimrazi at gmail.com]
Subject: 9th International ELT Research Conference

Full Title: 9th International ELT Research Conference

Date: 12-May-2016 - 14-May-2016
Location: Canakkale, Turkey
Contact Person: Salim Razı
Meeting Email: salimrazi at gmail.com
Web Site: http://eltresearchconference.com

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

The 9th International ELT Research Conference will be organised by Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Faculty of Education, ELT Department, in collaboration with the International Association of Research in Applied Linguistics and Foreign Language Education (UDEAD) from 12-14 May 2016 in Canakkale, Turkey. The chosen theme of this year’s conference is INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES: BEYOND THE BORDERS OF ELT METHODOLOGY. This biennial conference aims to provide a platform enabling the dissemination of high caliber research findings as well as to encourage scientific debate and exchange of ideas in a congenial collegiate setting.

At our 9th conference, we shall be honoured to introduce some distinguished internationally renowned keynote speakers, including Graham Hall, Simon Borg and Fred Dervin who will enlighten us on various aspects of their own scholarly work and help us to expand our horizons. We would also like to invite all ELT researchers from the international community to share their research findings and submit proposals for oral presentations, workshops or poster presentations.

We believe that this conference will make a valuable contribution to debate and development in the field of ELT, especially with a view to increasing collaboration and cooperation with other disciplines and widening the scope and impact of research efforts. In addition, we hope to provide an opportunity for individual interaction with colleagues old and new and a consequent strengthening of professional and social bonds which could lead to further professional developments for all of us, both as teachers and as researchers.

Keynote Speakers:

Invitations to join us as keynote speakers have been accepted by Graham Hall, Simon Borg and Fred Dervin, all well-known distinguished scholars in our field, and we shall be honoured to welcome them in Canakkale and to the conference. We look forward greatly to benefitting from their contributions.

Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University looks forward to welcoming you all in Canakkale in May 2016.

Call for Papers:

The theme for this 9th ELT Research Conference is “Interdisciplinary Approaches: Beyond the Borders of ELT Methodology”, and the organising committee looks forward to receiving proposals for papers, posters and workshops under the following headings or other topics which may be considered appropriate:

Applied Linguistics and Language Education
Approaches and Methods in English Language Education
Corpus and Language Teaching
Culture and Literature in English Language Education
Early English Education
English for Academic Purposes
English for Specific Purposes
English Language Teacher Education
English Language Curriculum and Teaching Materials
English as an International Language
Innovation in Language Teaching and Learning
Intercultural Communication
Language Policy
Language Learning and Acquisition
Language Testing and Evaluation
Life-long Language Learning
Lingua Projects
Multimedia and ICT in English Language Education
Teacher Training and Education
Translation Studies and Language Teaching

Proposals for Papers:

Presenters are asked to submit their proposals online by 15 February, 2016. They will be informed of the result at the end of February and required to register for the conference by March 20. Presenters will also be given the opportunity to have their paper published in either a book or a journal. All information and details regarding submissions and publications can be found on the conference web site: http://eltresearchconference.com/. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Important dates are shown in the table below:

Important Dates:

Deadline for Abstract Submission: February 15, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: February 29, 2016
Deadline for Presenters' Registration: March 20, 2016
Announcement of the Conference Programme: April 15, 2016
Conference: May 12-14, 2016
Onsite Event Registration: May 12, 2016
Submission of Full-text Manuscripts: May 27, 2016

On behalf of the organising committee, I would like to invite you and your colleagues in the field of ELT to submit a proposal for a paper, poster or workshop to be presented at the 9th ELT Conference. Furthermore, we shall be very pleased if other colleagues or those who are otherwise interested in the field attend as non-presenting participants. We hope to have the chance to renew old friendships as well as to meet new acquaintances, and we take this opportunity to say we hope to see you in Canakkale in May!

Prof. Dr. Dinçay KÖKSAL
Conference President

On behalf of the Conference Organising Committee

          2015 end of year and holiday season fund drive:

          http://multitree.org/