27.14, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 4 17:43:48 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-14. Mon Jan 04 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.14, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/USA

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:43:37
From: Bradley Hoot [bhoot at depaul.edu]
Subject: Chicago Language Symposium

Full Title: Chicago Language Symposium

Date: 15-Apr-2016 - 16-Apr-2016
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Contact Person: Dolly Weber
Meeting Email: langsymposium at uic.edu
Web Site: http://languagesymposium.uic.edu/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

This symposium will explore blended/hybrid learning (courses that combine online and classroom learning) in the foreign language context. Online materials have become an integral component in language instruction. Whether they are used to supplement and intensify curricula or to enable a decrease in face-to-face class time, they are having an increasing impact on how we teach and how students learn. We invite proposals that explore how teachers at all levels are creating and implementing hybrid/blended classes in all languages.

Call for Papers:

Proposal deadline: February 1, 2016
Submit your proposal at: https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/4250926
All languages and levels welcome. CPDUs are available for Chicago Public School teachers.

Topics encompass, but are not limited to:

- Planning for blended
- Best practices for blended
- Advantages of blended
- Challenges of blended
- Student engagement in blended
- Blending small and multi-section classes
- Maintaining blended classes
- New directions for the blended classroom
- Blended versus online classes
- Creating materials for blended environments
- Evaluation/assessment of blended materials
- Student feedback on blended learning

More information is available at http://languagesymposium.uic.edu/