27.22, Calls: English, Applied Ling/South Korea

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 4 17:50:24 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-22. Mon Jan 04 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.22, Calls: English, Applied Ling/South Korea

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:50:04
From: Crystal Hecht [crystal at excitelt.com]
Subject: excitELT

Full Title: excitELT

Date: 19-Mar-2016 - 19-Mar-2016
Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Contact Person: Georgeanna Hall
Meeting Email: Georgeanna at excitelt.com
Web Site: http://excitelt.com

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 07-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

A new kind of TESOL conference is coming to Seoul: more relevant, more diverse, more social and more exciting. If you’re an ELT professional who is interested in challenging assumptions and seeing positive change in the classroom, this conference is for you.

excitELT is a day-long conference for English teachers. Packed to the brim with hands-on workshops, inspiring demo lessons and plenaries from world class speakers. This year the conference will focus around the theme of ''challenging assumptions'' in English language teaching.

excitELT will be a fast-paced flow of relevant speeches, workshops, networking, and discussion panels. We believe plenaries should be short and engaging; workshops, interactive and empowering. Demo classes will give attendees the rare opportunity to see some of our profession's greatest practitioners showing off their favourite techniques.

We also recognise that lots of the best things about conferences take place in the gaps in the conference schedule. We will be maximising opportunities for attendees to meet, collaborate and learn from each other. We'll have a lounge and special activities lined up for those who want to meet and learn from their fellow teachers.

The conference will be held on the 19th of March at The AT Centre, Yangjae Citizen's Forest Station, Seoul. We hope to see you there.

Call for Papers:

Be a presenter at excitELT

There will be three types of sessions you can submit papers for at excitELT: A workshop, a demo class or a plenary. You can submit a maximum of three presentations. Submissions will be anonymised before they are reviewed.

Workshop:

Workshops will be 40 minutes long. We are looking for workshops that are audience-centred, engaging, and relevant to the conference theme. Workshops that show rather than tell will have a higher chance of success.

Click here to engage: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jV0NEMj_Lgsowb_v-OpWYn9ZdNrb3Sl2HihbzOc9Lhg

Plenaries:

Plenaries will be 10 minutes long.  This is a short time, but we expect for our plenaries to pack a punch. Plenary speakers don't have to be experienced teachers; anyone who thinks they have an idea everyone at the conference should hear can apply. To be successful, you need to show us you have an interesting, well thought-out idea, and that your plenary will relate to the conference theme.

Click here to bedazzle: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15kpmb8JyJddnnbT34qGRLer4FW4KgTRuVzUKrtznmkU/edit?usp=drive_web

Demo lessons:

Demo lessons will be 40 minutes long. Demo lessons should demonstrate innovative teaching methods. Please make it clear in your application what techniques you hope to demonstrate in your lesson.

Click here to amaze: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1izZp0EC-W0n0FCyJWWa4QVjIax6M2Ji61aNL9KJWLzo/edit?usp=drive_web