27.34, Jobs: German; Phonetics: Linguist, DefinedCrowd Corporation

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 4 18:08:55 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-34. Mon Jan 04 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.34, Jobs: German; Phonetics: Linguist, DefinedCrowd Corporation

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 13:08:50
From:  Du [mail at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd Corporation
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Title: Part-time German (Germany) Linguists
Job Rank: Consultant; Part-time German (Germany) Linguists

Specialty Areas: Phonetics

Required Language(s): German (deu)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (http://www.definedcrowd.com), headquartered in Seattle, Washington with a R&D center in Lisbon, Portugal. Our mission is to connect university students with enterprise customers globally. We provide students opportunities to work with Fortune 500 companies through online jobs in flexible working hours and helping them transition to the professional world. We are focused in Speech Technology Data Science and we are working with our customers in top notch technology problems in the area of Human-Computer Interaction, Speech Science and Dialogue Systems. Your career starts here and we promise it will be exciting!

Current job offers:

German (de-de) Phoneticians (2 positions)

We are looking for Phoneticians with strong linguistic backgrounds academically and hands-on experiences working on phonetic transcription of German or related projects. The candidate will have an opportunity of leading a team of multiple linguists if proven to be an accountable and reliable resource.

The position starts immediately and is an ongoing engagement. The estimated workload is about 5 – 15 hours per week depending upon each project requirement. You can work from home or from school. Occasional meetings maybe held online or in-person in Seattle or Eastside.

The job responsibilities include:

- Provide phonetic transcription according to project guidelines.
- Provide feedbacks and improvement suggestions of phonetic transcription process.
- Provide inputs on system workflow design.
- Work closely with Project Manager to manage the project execution.
- Potentially manage a team of linguists to perform other linguistics related tasks.

The required qualifications are:

- Native German speaker (Germany).
- Enrolled in a BA in Linguistics or in a Masters in a related field.
- Some experience with phonetic transcription and familiarity with IPA.
- Strong communication skills along with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team player and independently.

The compensation will be a combination of a base hourly rate and bonus depending on the performance.

Please submit your resume to the application email address below. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Positions opened until filled.

Application Deadline: 22-Jun-2016 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: mail at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information
	Du
	Email: mail at definedcrowd.com