27.79, Confs: Discourse Analysis, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Pragmatics, Socioling/Japan

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 5 16:34:04 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-79. Tue Jan 05 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.79, Confs: Discourse Analysis, Historical Ling, Lang Doc, Pragmatics, Socioling/Japan

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 11:33:58
From: Yoshiyuki Asahi [yasahi at ninjal.ac.jp]
Subject: METHODS 16 Tachikawa

METHODS 16 Tachikawa

Date: 07-Aug-2017 - 11-Aug-2017
Location: Tachikawa, Japan
Contact: Yoshiyuki Asahi
Contact Email: yasahi at ninjal.ac.jp

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the Sixteenth International Conference on Methods in  Dialectology (METHODS XVI) will be held at Tachikawa in Tokyo, Japan,  between 7 August and 11 August, 2017. METHODS XVI is hosted by NINJAL (National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics. You can find information about NINJAL at https://www.ninjal.ac.jp/english/).

Methods in Dialectology conferences have been taking place every three years since 1972, at venues generally alternating between Europe and Canada. Beginning as a forum for the discussion of methodological issues in dialect research, they have steadily expanded their scope and now encompass the entire range of matters of regional, historical, and social language variation. Any and all languages are included within the compass of the Methods series. Methods XVI will be held for the first time in Asia.

We would like to invite all of the participants from previous METHODS conferences to apply for paper, poster presentation as well as for workshops and, of course, to participate in the METHODS XVI.

We are now preparing our website of METHODS XVI, which will be available very soon. We would like to inform you that we have already opened our Facebook site so that  you can find our updates easily.  (For the facebook site, please visit at https://www.facebook.com/methodsxvi2017tachikawa/)

We are planning to set up all the deadlines as below.
December 2016: Deadline for Workshop or Special Session Proposals
December 2016: Deadline for general paper or poster abstracts
February 2017: Notification of acceptance
March 2017: Registration for the conference starts
7-11 August 2017: Methods XVI in Tachikawa
However, please note that the official deadlines will be announced  later when we send out our call for papers.

We would like as many of you as possible to visit Japan for the next METHODS in August 2017!!

If you have any inquiries about the Methods, please e-mail to me or methodsxvi at gmail.com.

Best regards,

Yoshiyuki Asahi
Chair, Organising Committee