27.187, Calls: English, Applied Ling/Norway

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 11 15:18:48 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-187. Mon Jan 11 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.187, Calls: English, Applied Ling/Norway

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 10:18:38
From: Tom Muir [tom.muir at hioa.no]
Subject: NFEAP 2016: EAP and Creativity

Full Title: NFEAP 2016: EAP and Creativity
Short Title: NFEAP

Date: 09-Jun-2016 - 10-Jun-2016
Location: Oslo, Norway
Contact Person: Kristin Solli
Meeting Email: kristin.solli at hioa.no
Web Site: http://www.hioa.no/LSB/EAP/Call-for-papers-NFEAP-2016-EAP-and-Creativity

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

We invite you to participate at  the 10th NFEAP summer conference:

The Norwegian Forum for English for Academic Purposes (NFEAP) is pleased to
announce its 10th anniversary annual summer conference, which will take place
on Thursday, 9 and Friday, 10 June 2016 at Oslo and Akershus University
College of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus), Oslo, Norway. Join
us in celebrating a decade of EAP in Norway!

The theme for the 2016 conference is EAP and Creativity.  We welcome any work
that addresses creativity and EAP in theory and practice.  In what ways does
EAP provide room for creativity – for students, teachers and researchers? And
how does creativity underpin or make possible meaningful and illuminating EAP
thought and practice?  We invite proposals that explore  creativity in
approaches to EAP training methods, principles, practices and research,
including needs analysis, syllabus and materials design, teaching strategies
and methodological issues; group/interdisciplinary teaching; critical EAP;
e-learning and technology; academic identities;  and teacher/student
experiences.

Plenary speakers:

Bojana Petric, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
Karen Bennett, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
Nicholas Royle, Centre for Creative and Critical Thought, University of
Sussex, UK

Call for Abstracts:

Submission guidelines:

Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be submitted to Kristin Solli
(kristin.solli at hioa.no), with the subject line NFEAP 2016 abstract, by 15
February 2016. The document should contain the following: (1) author name(s),
(2) affiliation, (3) title of presentation, (4) body of abstract (5)
references, and (6) c. 50-word biography. The standard length for
presentations will be 30 minutes (20 minutes presentation plus 10 minutes for
discussion).

For more information about NFEAP and the annual conference, please visit the
NFEAP webpage:
http://www.hioa.no/LSB/EAP/Call-for-papers-NFEAP-2016-EAP-and-Creativity.

Important dates:

Registration opens December 2015
Deadline for abstracts: 15 February 2016
Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2016
Deadline for registration: 1 June 2016
Conference programme available: 1 April 2016
NFEAP conference 2016: 9-10 June 2016

BALEAP scholarship:

NFEAP are delighted to announce that we will, as usual, award a BALEAP member
a £500 scholarship to attend NFEAP 2016. To be eligible for this award you
must be a current BALEAP member. Please clearly state in your abstract
submission if you wish to be considered for the scholarship.

Registration:

The 1500 NOK conference registration fee includes refreshments and lunch for
both days of the conference and the conference dinner on the Thursday evening.

Please note that the NFEAP is a not-for-profit network and we are not in a
position to be able to assist with conference travel or subsistence.

We would like to thank you in advance for your contribution to the 10th NFEAP
summer conference and look forward to having the opportunity to discuss and
disseminate your work.

Please feel free to forward this information on to any colleagues you feel may
be interested in the NFEAP and the summer conference.

On behalf of the NFEAP organizing committee,

Tom Muir, Ann Torday Gulden and Kristin Solli