27.227, Calls: Syntax/Canada

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 12 21:32:43 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-227. Tue Jan 12 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.227, Calls: Syntax/Canada

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:32:35
From: Rebecca Tollan [becky.tollan at mail.utoronto.ca]
Subject: Montréal-Ottawa-Toronto-Hamilton Syntax Workshop

Full Title: Montréal-Ottawa-Toronto-Hamilton Syntax Workshop
Short Title: MOTH 2016

Date: 15-Apr-2016 - 16-Apr-2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Rebecca Tollan
Meeting Email: becky.tollan at mail.utoronto.ca
Web Site: http://moth2016.github.io

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2016

Meeting Description:

The Department of Language Studies at the University of Toronto Mississauga is
pleased to announce that the 4th Montréal-Ottawa-Toronto-Hamilton syntax
workshop (MOTH) will be held on April 15-16, 2016. MOTH is an annual regional
workshop which brings together graduate students and faculty from across
southern Ontario and Québec; presenters from further afield are also welcome.
We invite submissions on any area of syntax and its interfaces.

Our invited speaker this year will be Ivona Kučerová (McMaster University).

Conference Organizers:

Arsalan Kahnemuyipour
Dan Milway
Rebecca Tollan

Call for Papers:

We invite submissions on any area of syntax and its interfaces.

Submission guidelines: Abstracts must not exceed one A4 or letter size page in
length (including examples, tables, and figures, but excluding references),
have 1 inch (2.5cm) margins, and be set in Times New Roman with single spacing
and a font no smaller than 11pt. All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format
via e-mail to 2016moth at gmail.com.

Abstracts must be anonymous and contain no information which identifies the
author. Author information (full name(s) of author(s), affiliation(s), and
abstract title) should be provided in the body of the e-mail. No individual
can submit more than two abstracts, of which only one may be single authored.

Deadline: January 31, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. EST.

For further information, please visit our website: moth2016.github.io, or
contact Becky Tollan at becky.tollan at mail.utoronto.ca.