27.324, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior UI Designer, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 18 20:37:59 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-324. Mon Jan 18 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.324, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Senior UI Designer, Nuance Communications

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 15:37:51
From: Lea Mencner [EMEAjobs at nuance.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior UI Designer, Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Title: Senior UI Designer - 12 months contract
Job Rank: Other; Senior UI Designer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most
human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of
information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest
functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability
for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver
technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently
with the world.

UI design and development in automotive projects.

Your Responsibilities:

- Analysis of customer product requirements
- Specification of dialogs in co-operation with the costumer
- Implementation of dialog flows and grammar
- Test of dialog in development environment and on the infotainment system
- Evaluation of system, analysis of tickets and provide bug fixing
- Integrate and review localization of several languages in the dialog system
- Carry out of localization, grammar generation and transcription projects
including the ability to organize multiple work packages for different
co-workers and contractors.

Your Profile:

Number of Years of Work Experience: Preferably 5

Required Skills:

- Customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least one
more language
- Experiences in user interface design,
- Experiences in programming (e.g. Python)
- Engineering practices in design, coding, and testing
- Team player
- Ability to manage external part time workers

Preferred Skills:

- Experiences in development of embedded systems
- Experience with speech recognition or related technologies is an advantage
- Experience with localization
- Experience with phonetic transcriptions
- Experience with user studies

Education: Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Computational
Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2016 (Open until filled)

Contact Information:
	Lea Mencner
	Email: EMEAjobs at nuance.com