27.436, Qs: Native speakers of Scandinavian languages

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 21 21:42:33 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-436. Thu Jan 21 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.436, Qs: Native speakers of Scandinavian languages

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:42:17
From: Aida Talic [talicaida at gmail.com]
Subject: Native speakers of Scandinavian languages

Hello fellow linguists,

I am investigating phenomena inside adjective phrases in a number of
languages, involving separation of some elements from inside an AP from the
rest of the AP, and I have so far been looking into a number of Slavic,
Germanic, and Romance languages. It would be wonderful to check how a larger
variety of languages behave with respect to these phenomena. At the moment, I
am especially interested in how Scandinavian languages other than Icelandic
behave and I was wondering if there are any native speakers of Scandinavian
languages, who would be willing to fill out a short questionnaire. It contains
4 contexts where you are asked to translate a few short sentences (9 in total)
and answer a question about each sentence. Filling out the questionnaire
should take around 20 minutes.
Although Scandinavian languages are my primary focus at the moment, I would
also be very grateful for responses from native speakers of other languages.

The questionnaire can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1f9Z5oWv8fiU8Ha4SxlMuOJgGL1uQX7SKddGSh0wE4iY/v
iewform?usp=send_form

Best,