27.484, Jobs: Japanese; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation: Consultant, DefinedCrowd Corporation

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 25 17:47:58 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-484. Mon Jan 25 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.484, Jobs: Japanese; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation: Consultant, DefinedCrowd Corporation

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:47:42
From:  Du [mail at definedcrowd.com]
Subject: Japanese; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation: Consultant, DefinedCrowd Corporation, Japan

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd Corporation
Job Location: , Japan (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/
Job Title: Part-time Japanese Linguist & Language Ambassador
Job Rank: Consultant; Part-time Japanese Linguist & Language Ambassador

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (Part-time Japanese Linguist & Language
Ambassador), headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with a R&D center in
Lisbon, Portugal. Our mission is to connect university students with
enterprise customers globally. We provide students opportunities to work with
Fortune 500 companies through online jobs in flexible working hours and
helping them transition to the professional world. Your career starts here and
we promise it will be exciting!

Current job offers:

Japanese Linguist & Language Ambassador (Japan)

We are looking for a Japanese Linguist and Language Ambassador that is a
native speaker of Japanese and currently lives in Japan. If you are social,
know a lot of people, enjoy making new friends and want to work with Fortune
500 companies, you could be the right candidate for this job. You will also
need to have strong linguistic background academically and hands-on
experiences. The candidate will have an opportunity of leading a team of
multiple linguists if proven to be an accountable and reliable resource.

The position starts now and is an ongoing engagement. The estimated workload
is about 5 – 15 hours per week depending upon each project requirement. You
can work from home or from school. Occasional meetings maybe held online or
in-person in Seattle or Eastside.

The job responsibilities include:

- Translate project and marketing material
- Conduct the initial testing for pilot projects
- Provide inputs on system workflow design
- Provide insights on the language and cultural behaviors
- Potentially recruit other native speakers in Japan and manage the team
- Provide phonetic transcription according when needed

The required qualifications are:

- Native Japanese speaker, have a passion to represent your language and
culture and make an impact.
- Enrolled in a BA in Linguistics or in a Masters in a related field.
- Strong communication skills in both Japanese and English along with ability
to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team player and
independently.
- Some experience with phonetic transcription and familiarity with IPA.

The compensation will be a combination of a base salary and bonus depending on
the performance.

Please submit your resume to the application email address below. We are
looking forward to hearing from you.

Positions opened until filled.

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2016 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: mail at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information
	Du
	Email: mail at definedcrowd.com