27.506, Calls: Cog Sci/Chile

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 26 20:35:20 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-506. Tue Jan 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.506, Calls: Cog Sci/Chile

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:35:13
From: Ernesto Guerra [erguerrag at uc.cl]
Subject: Embodied and Situated Language Processing

Full Title: Embodied and Situated Language Processing
Short Title: ESLP

Date: 06-Oct-2016 - 09-Oct-2016
Location: Villarrica/Pucon, Chile
Contact Person: Ernesto Guerra
Meeting Email: erguerrag at uc.cl
Web Site: http://eslp2016.sciencesconf.org

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2016

Meeting Description:

Dear friends and colleagues,

We are very happy to announce that the 9th version of the Embodied and
Situated Language Processing (ESLP2016) conference will be held in
Villarrica/Pucón in southern Chile between 6 and 9 of October, 2016.

Keynote speakers:

Arthur Glenberg (Arizona State University and University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Rafael Nuñez (University of California San Diego)
Marcela Peña (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
Arielle Borovsky (Florida State University)
Kate Nation (University of Oxford)

We hope to see you in Chile in October,

Local Program Committee
Ernesto Guerra (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
Macarena Silva (Universidad de Chile)
Edmundo Kronmüller (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)

Call for Papers:

The ESLP aims to bring together researchers working on the interaction of
language and visual/motor processing in embodied, situated, and
language-for-action research traditions.

We invite submissions both for oral and poster presentations. For this version
of ESLP, we encourage and particularly welcome submissions related to learning
and education. Further details will be provided promptly in the conference
website (http://eslp2016.sciencesconf.org/)

Important dates
- Abstract submission opens: 1 April, 2016
- Abstract submission closes:  30 April, 2016
- Notification of decision: 30 June, 2016
- Conference: 6-9 October, 2016