27.516, Calls: General Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 26 21:11:32 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-516. Tue Jan 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.516, Calls: General Ling, Historical Ling, Socioling/USA

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:11:23
From: Clai Rice [crice at louisiana.edu]
Subject: Southeastern Conference on Linguistics 83

Full Title: Southeastern Conference on Linguistics 83
Short Title: SECOL 83

Date: 28-Mar-2016 - 31-Mar-2016
Location: New Orleans, USA
Contact Person: Clai Rice
Meeting Email: secol83 at secol.org
Web Site: http://conf2016.secol.org/

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 29-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

The Southeastern Conference on Linguistics will be having its 83rd meeting at
the Astor Crowne Plaza in New Orleans, on March 28-31, 2016.

The theme for the conference is Linguistic Gumbo: Challenges in Multilanguage
Contact. We seek 20-minute papers or panels of 100 minutes addressing problems
in studying language contact, especially where three or more varieties are
involved. Topics might include Diasporic Languages, Creole Genesis, Colonial
or Postcolonial Languages, Micro- or Sub-regional Dialect Variation, and
Language in Urban Environments, among others. In addition, we welcome topics
suitable to the New Orleans setting, such as Language and Music, Studies of
New Orleans or Louisiana French or English, and Native American languages of
the region. In the open tradition of SECOL, we welcome any of the wide range
of methodologies current in linguistics, as well as topics in general
linguistics and the teaching of linguistics.

Call for Papers:

Abstracts should not exceed 500 words, excluding title and references. Authors
may submit up to two abstracts, one individual and one joint. Due to our
compressed timeline, we will begin accepting abstracts immediately and review
them on a rolling basis, responding within three to five days after
submission. Submit your proposal via EasyAbs at
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/secol2016.

Hotel and registration information will be coming soon. Email the conference
at secol83 at secol.org if you have questions. We look forward to a lively
meeting!

          http://multitree.org/