27.2977, Calls: Romance, Applied Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 18 18:09:47 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-2977. Mon Jul 18 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.2977, Calls: Romance, Applied Linguistics/Germany

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:09:39
From: Caroline Bacciu [caroline.bacciu at phil.uni-goettingen.de]
Subject: XXXIII Forum Junge Romanistik

Full Title: XXXIII Forum Junge Romanistik
Short Title: FJR 2017 Göttingen

Date: 15-Mar-2017 - 17-Mar-2017
Location: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Contact Person: Aenne Gottschalk
Meeting Email: fjr2017 at uni-goettingen.de
Web Site: https://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/541579.html

Language Family(ies): Romance

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2016

Meeting Description:

Transformations : Change, Movement, Velocity

The conference entitled 'Forum Junge Romanistik' (FJR, Forum For Young
Researchers in Romance Studies) offers an interdisciplinary platform directed
to young researchers and aims to explore current and historical processes of
transformation from a variety of interdisciplinary viewpoints in order to
highlight the functioning and implications of such developments, and  to
discuss our self-conception of being young researchers in Romance Sciences.

In various interdisciplinary panels we will present current research results
of doctoral students and international guests, focusing upon Transformations
and their characterizing aspects of Change, Movement and Velocity.

Call for Papers

XXXIII Forum Junge Romanistik

Göttingen, March 15 -17, 2017
Transformations: Change, Movement, Velocity

The field of Romance philology allows for various encounters of different
languages, literatures and cultures, which are interrelated with complex
social, political and cultural developments. The objects of investigation in
Romance studies are constantly changing, just like the professional
disciplines themselves, subject to a variety of evolutions.

The conference entitled Forum Junge Romanistik (FJR, Forum For Young
Researchers in Romance Studies) offers an interdisciplinary platform directed
to young researchers and aims to explore cur-rent and historical processes of
transformation from a variety of interdisciplinary viewpoints in order to
highlight the functioning and implications of such developments, and to
discuss our self-conception of being young researchers in romance sciences.

We look forward to welcoming you in Göttingen with contributions from Romance
literary studies, linguistics, didactics and cultural studies as well as
neighboring disciplines which share inter-faces with romance studies like
history, anthropology, comparative literature studies, and gender studies.

In various interdisciplinary panels we will present current research results
of doctoral students and international guests, focusing upon Transformations
and their characterizing aspects of Change, Movement and Velocity.

Discussing current developments, the symposium aims at exploring not only the
social, cultural and scientific relevance of research but also wants to offer
perspectives and impulses for further work.

Linguistics:

Change and velocity are constituents of most internal processes of speech and
language. They appear in different forms in many areas of the linguistic
subdisciplines: in historical change and diasystematic variation of language,
and in transformations on morphological, syntactical and other
system-linguistical levels.
The goal of the conference is to unite constructive and creative perspectives
on phenomena of change in synchronic and diachronic linguistics in order to
provide room for, and discussion of, innovative ideas and theories.

Possible linguistic contributions in all subdisciplines could include:

a) Investigations of the different grammar theories or grammaticalization
processes, as well as work on structural phenomena in interfaces (e.g.
phonology syntax, semantics syntax)

b) Work in the area of language geography, linguistic variety, typology and
etymology

c) Studies in the interface areas of linguistics with other disciplines, like
language philosophy, language policy, socio-linguistics and work on
multilingualism (e.g. migration and language contact).

[...] For more information on the CfP regarding the other disciplines please
take a look at our website:
https://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/541579.html

General Information
The FJR will take place from March 15-17, 2017 in Göttingen. Conference
languages are German, English, and Romance languages. Send proposals for
contributions (ca. 300 words) and a brief vita by September 15, 2016 to:
fjr2017 at uni-goettingen.de.

Contributions will be selected by mid-November 2016. At the moment we endeavor
to offer financial support to the speakers for traveling and overnight stay
expenses. We may ask for a contribution towards costs of around 30 Euros.

                       Fund Drive 2016