27.3004, Jobs: Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Associate Linguist, NTENT

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 20 14:59:27 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3004. Wed Jul 20 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3004, Jobs:  Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Associate Linguist, NTENT

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:58:52
From: Sonja Burnand [sburnand at ntent.com]
Subject: Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Associate Linguist, NTENT, California, USA

University or Organization: NTENT
Department: Research & Development
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.ntent.com/
Job Title: Knowledge Engineer / Associate Linguist – Turkish Language
Job Rank: Associate Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Turkish (tur)

We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our Research
& Development center in Carlsbad (San Diego area), California.

NTENT embraces the fun, agility and innovation of a startup culture while
enjoying the security of having technology already deployed with a large and
rapidly growing customer base. This is a rare chance to take your career to
the next level in one of today's hottest tech industries. We are looking for a
talented Knowledge Engineer / Associate Linguist who has native level fluency
in Turkish to join our semantic team in order to deliver world-class search
technologies to mobile devices.

You will be working with a smart team of linguists, ontologists and software
developers on both full applications and tools that power NTENT’s powerful
semantic search technology.

Our goals include building a compelling search experience for mobile devices
and applying state of the art artificial intelligence approaches to understand
natural language in order to deliver the best search engine in multiple
languages for select markets. This is a unique opportunity to tackle complex
problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search
industry.

Duties and Responsibilities:

- Test and improve the quality of search results returned by the search engine
or ad matching engine
- Maintain the extensive ontology by creating, deleting and revising concepts
in knowledge base
- Establish quality standards and enforce them in all project phases
- Perform functional tests of various parts of the search platform
- Perform content quality evaluation by running popular queries and reviewing
the search results to ensure the quality
- Perform ad matching quality evaluation by running popular queries and
reviewing the suggested adverts
- Coordinate crowd-sourced evaluations of the search results, analyze the
results and determine how to remedy the quality problem (coverage, ontology,
ranking, facets, and software defect)
- Review daily quality evaluation reports and investigate problems

Skills and Qualifications:

- BA or MA in Linguistics
- Native fluency in Turkish and a deep understanding of the Turkish culture
- Fluency in English
- Ability to dive deep into problem areas and suggest solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other
departments and varying levels of management
- Prior experience in measuring search quality is desirable

The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication
skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen
interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our
multi-disciplinary team.

We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and
vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per
year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life
insurance.

To apply online, go to NTENT Career, select the position and click the Apply
Now button.

Please apply only if you have a valid working authorization for the USA valid
for at least 18 months and if you are local to the San Diego area or willing
to relocated there.

Application Deadline: 18-Jan-2017 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: sburnand at ntent.com
Contact Information:
	In-house recruiter Sonja Burnand
	Email: sburnand at ntent.com