27.3015, Qs: PARSEME survey on Multilingual MWE resources

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 21 15:14:20 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3015. Thu Jul 21 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3015, Qs: PARSEME survey on Multilingual MWE resources

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:08:07
From: Johanna Monti [jmonti at unior.it]
Subject: PARSEME survey on Multilingual MWE resources

PARSEME (COST Action IC1207: http://typo.uni-konstanz.de/parseme) is an
interdisciplinary scientific network devoted to the role of multiword
expressions (MWEs) in parsing.

In an effort towards consolidating past and ongoing research, PARSEME is
conducting a survey of multilingual language resources containing MWEs.
Examples of such resources are multilingual lists of MWEs, multilingual MWE
dictionaries and lexica, dictionaries that include MWE entries, multilingual
treebanks with MWE annotation, and any other types of multilingual lexical or
linguistic resources that have MWEs as part of their inventory.

As a member of the community, you are kindly asked to report on relevant
lexical resources you are aware of by spending just a few minutes filling in
this simple web form:

http://goo.gl/forms/X12Yi9Zid8I1tDzH2

You may recall a previous PARSEME survey on MWE resources
(https://goo.gl/eYz8qL) ran during the last couple of years and presented
during last LREC 2016
(http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2016/pdf/718_Paper.pdf). This time,
however, we are focusing on multilingual MWE resources only. We have
transferred all records related to multilingual MWE resources from the
previous survey to this new one. If you are one of the contributors and you
would like to check the record we have created in this new survey please,
contact us.

In order to avoid duplicating information, please check:
https://awesome-table.com/-KMxGtOyp8q3fqjwlR3w/view

to see if the resource has already been registered. All contributions are
automatically anonymized and publicly available here.

You can find a summary of the information registered so far at:
https://awesome-table.com/-KMx8TCZB-yYgjd6D5WY/view

We are aware that many lexical resources are catalogued in international
infrastructures such as the CLARIN and META-SHARE repositories. However,
information on MWEs in these resources is often not available, so it will be
valuable for us to receive pointers to relevant resources in these
repositories.

We greatly appreciate your contribution!

On behalf of the PARSEME Action and its Steering Committee,

Gyri Losnegaard, Johanna Monti, Carla Parra, Lonneke van der Plas & Manfred
Sailer

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

                       Fund Drive 2016