27.3025, Jobs: Norwegian; Swedish; Korean; Slovak; General Linguistics: Open, DefinedCrowd Corporation

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 22 14:22:39 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3025. Fri Jul 22 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3025, Jobs: Norwegian; Swedish; Korean; Slovak; General Linguistics: Open, DefinedCrowd Corporation

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 10:22:29
From: Daan Baldewijns [daan at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd Corporation
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: www.definedcrowd.com
Job Title: Language Ambassador (Norway, Sweden, Korea, Slovakia)
Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Korean (kor)
                      Norwegian Nynorsk (nno)
                      Slovak (slk)
                      Swedish (swe)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (see web address below), headquartered in
Seattle, Washington, with a R&D center in Lisbon, Portugal. Our mission is to
connect university students with enterprise customers globally. We provide
students opportunities to work with Fortune 500 companies through online jobs
in flexible working hours and helping them transition to the professional
world. Your career starts here and we promise it will be exciting!

Current job offers:

Language Ambassador (Norway, Sweden, Korean, Slovakia)

We are looking for a Linguist and Language Ambassador for each of the
countries list above that is a native speaker of the language. If you are
social, know a lot of people, enjoy making new friends and want to work with
Fortune 500 companies, you could be the right candidate for this job. You will
also need to have strong linguistic background academically and hands-on
experience. The candidate will have an opportunity of leading a team of
multiple linguists if proven to be an accountable and reliable resource.

The position starts now and is an ongoing engagement. The estimated workload
is about 5 – 15 hours per week depending upon each project requirement. You
can work from home or from school. Occasional meetings maybe held online or
in-person in Seattle or Eastside.

The job responsibilities include:

- Translate project and marketing material
- Conduct the initial testing for pilot projects
- Provide inputs on system workflow design
- Provide insights on the language and cultural behaviors
- Potentially recruit other native speakers in Japan and manage the team
- Provide phonetic transcription according when needed

The required qualifications are:

- Native speakers of the required languages, have a passion to represent your
language and culture and make an impact.
- Strong communication skills in both native language and English along with
ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team player and
independently.

The compensation will be a combination of a base salary and bonus depending on
the performance.

Please submit your resume to the application email below. We are looking
forward to hearing from you.

Application Deadline: 20-Jan-2017 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: mail at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Daan Baldewijns
	Email: daan at definedcrowd.com