27.3108, Jobs: Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 29 14:37:33 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3108. Fri Jul 29 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3108, Jobs: Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:37:04
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]
Subject: Turkish; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Lionbridge Technologies, Inc., Istanbul, Turkey

University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
Department: Tampere
Job Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Junior Linguist: Turkish
Job Rank: Computational Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Turkish (tur)

Requirements:
- Native Turkish with BA or MA in linguistics
- Extensive knowledge of Turkish morphology, syntax and semantics
- Previous experience with data review and data annotation
- Familiarity with NLP tools and techniques

The tasks of a Junior Linguist include reviewing and annotating linguistic
data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve natural language processing
tools. This includes:

- Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
- Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
- Annotating lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects

Type of work: Full time, remote work not possible
Start date: Immediately
Project duration: Until end of 2016

Please send us your complete resume in English, including your availability
and hourly rate wish to the application email below.

Lionbridge is the leading provider of translation, development, language and
testing solutions that enable clients to create, release, manage and maintain
their technology applications and Web content globally.

We are looking for candidates who are passionate about language technology. If
you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2016

Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Resource coordinator Elena Pirttisalo