27.1109, Calls: Cog Sci/Poland

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 2 15:42:09 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1109. Wed Mar 02 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1109, Calls: Cog Sci/Poland

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:41:59
From: Anna Drogosz [drogosz000 at poczta.onet]
Subject: Cognitive Linguistics in 2016

Full Title: Cognitive Linguistics in 2016

Date: 22-Sep-2016 - 24-Sep-2016
Location: Olsztyn, Poland
Contact Person: Iwona Góralczyk
Meeting Email: iwonagor at wp.pl
Web Site: http://www.uwm.edu.pl/anglistyka/artykul/419/cognitive-linguistics-in-2016.html

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2016

Meeting Description:

Department of English Philology at the University of Warmia and Mazury,
Olsztyn, Poland, is pleased to launch a Call for Papers for the 2016 Annual
Conference of the Polish Cognitive Linguistics Association.

Venue: Faculty of Humanities, University of Warmia and Mazury, Olsztyn, Poland
Conference languages: English and Polish

Conference fee:

Faculty members: 130 EUR
PhD students: 100 EUR

Plenary speakers:

Prof. Zoltan Kövecses (Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary)
Prof. Esa Itkonen (Turku University, Finland)
Prof. Bogusław Bierwiaczonek (Jan Długosz University, Częstochowa, Poland)

Call for Abstracts:

Form of presentation: a 20-minute paper presentation followed by a 10-minute
discussion

Deadline for proposals: 15 April, 2016

Please send your abstract (doc or docx) to the conference e-mail:
iwonagor at wp.pl.

Please use the registration form available on our website:
http://www.uwm.edu.pl/anglistyka/artykul/419/cognitive-linguistics-in-2016.htm

The abstract (200-300 words) should specify the research scope and objective,
the adopted methodology and expected results.

We invite a broad range of papers within the discipline of Cognitive
Linguistics and related fields. The topics below should be seen as an
inspiration and not as a limitation in the scientific enterprise:

Conceptual blending
Language and the mind
Cognitive linguistics and translation
Cognitive linguistics from the pedagogical perspective
Categorization in language
Cognitive linguistics and text analysis
Cognitive cultural linguistics/ ethno-linguistics
Cognitive theory of film
Cognitive linguistics and discourse analysis
Conceptual metaphor and metonymy
Metaphor in scientific discourse
Force-dynamics model
Perspectivization
Cognitive poetics
Cognitive semantics
Cognitive sociolinguistic
Embodiment (including extended and/or social embodiment)
Notification of acceptance by the Scientific Committee will be sent by May 31,
2016
Bank account number will be provided on our web page.

For more information and updates, go to:
http://www.uwm.edu.pl/anglistyka/artykul/419/cognitive-linguistics-in-2016.htm