27.1354, Qs: Vocabulary profile of texts in Spanish

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 18 16:20:04 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1354. Fri Mar 18 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1354, Qs: Vocabulary profile of texts in Spanish

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:19:43
From: Montserrat Sanz [msanz.kobe at gmail.com]
Subject: Vocabulary profile of texts in Spanish

My team and I are trying to find out if there are studies estimating the
vocabulary profile of texts in Spanish (as in Lextutor for English). For
instance, what percentage of the words of a text form part of the 1000 most
frequent words in Spanish, in the 2000, etc.

Also, we would like to have access to research concerning the wealth of
vocabulary of Spanish native speakers (how many words does a native know and
use at different ages or levels of education).

Thank you very much,
Montserrat Sanz

Linguistic Field(s): Lexicography

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)