27.1407, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics: Management Consultant/Linguist, Gap International

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 23 03:39:59 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1407. Tue Mar 22 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1407, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics: Management Consultant/Linguist, Gap International

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:39:52
From: Melanie Lewis [melanie.lewis at gapinternational.com]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics: Management Consultant/Linguist, Gap International, Pennsylvania, USA

University or Organization: Gap International
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.gapinternational.com/
Job Title: Linguist for Business Application and Consulting
Job Rank: Consultant; Management Consultant/Linguist; Other

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics

Linguistics at Gap International

At Gap International, linguists are crucial to the ongoing development and
execution of our consulting methodology. Qualified linguists will work to
study language and its impact on business performance and results. Through
this work, we provide our clients access to sustainable growth for their
businesses. Accountabilities for this role could include research, product
innovation, marketing and other contributions to Gap International’s business,
as well as client consulting.

We are seeking a linguist who will become a member of our dynamic professional
team, working both internally for Gap International’s business, as well as
externally as a client consultant. The ideal candidate will embrace challenge
as an opportunity for growth, demonstrate a passion to contribute, and thrive
in a dynamic environment.

Responsibilities

Linguistics

- Examine the correlation between thinking and its impact on business results
- Create the opportunity for extraordinary performance in the study of
language

Client Consulting

- Learn and deliver our proven and proprietary consulting methodology that
embeds lasting change throughout an organization

Business Development

- Hone skills and effectiveness in driving new business and partnerships

Qualifications

- Bachelor's or Master's degree in linguistics and a strong interest in the
business application
- Possess strong computer skills
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented
- Must be able to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally)

Location: Gap International consultants work from our corporate headquarters
just outside Philadelphia.

Gap International Headquarters
700 Old Marple Road
Springfield, PA 19064

Application Deadline: 21-Sep-2016 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.gapinternational.com/careers
Contact Information:
	Human Resources Associate Melanie Lewis
	Email: melanie.lewis at gapinternational.com