27.1417, Calls: Applied Ling/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Mar 24 17:34:21 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1417. Thu Mar 24 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1417, Calls: Applied Ling/UK

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:33:56
From: Sixian Hah [s.hah at warwick.ac.uk]
Subject: 19th Warwick International Postgraduate Conference in Applied Linguistics

Full Title: 19th Warwick International Postgraduate Conference in Applied Linguistics
Short Title: WPGCAL2016

Date: 28-Jun-2016 - 30-Jun-2016
Location: Coventry, UK, United Kingdom
Contact Person: pgconference 2016
Meeting Email: pgconference2016 at warwick.ac.uk
Web Site: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/research/conferences/wpgcal2016/

Call Deadline: 02-May-2016

Meeting Description:

Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick is pleased to announce its
19th International Postgraduate Conference held from Tuesday, 28 to Thursday,
30 June 2016. Being a 'conference by students for students', we aim to provide
a platform for postgraduate students to showcase their paper or poster and get
valuable feedback from renowned scholars in the field.

Call for Papers:

We look forward to receiving submission of abstracts and poster presentations
related to these three following themes: Language Learning, Teaching, and
Assessment (LLTA); Professional and Academic Discourse (PAD) and Working and
Communicating Across Cultures (WACC) through our online application form. We
particularly encourage submissions of empirical, conceptual/theoretical nature
as well as findings from dissertations/PhD theses at different stages. You may
apply to present either individually or as a group (max. 3).

Abstracts, for either paper or poster presentations, should be no more than
2,000 characters in length and must be submitted via our online abstract
submission form:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/research/conferences/wpgcal2016/

The submission deadline is Monday, 2 May 2016.