27.1442, Support: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics / Netherlands

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 27 01:31:05 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1442. Sat Mar 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1442, Support: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics / Netherlands

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 21:30:59
From: Angela Heuts [heuts at vw.mpi.nl]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics, PhD, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands

 Institution/Organization: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Department: Psychology of Language
Web Address: http://www.mpi.nl

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (Nijmegen, the Netherlands) is
inviting applications for 2 PhD positions in experimental psycholinguistics.

The MPI in Nijmegen is a leading research institute, with a stimulating
environment and excellent facilities and resources. The institute is entirely
devoted to the question of how we acquire, produce, and understand language.
The research at the institute is highly multidisciplinary, uniting
linguistics, psychology, neuroscience, computer science, and genetics. For
further information about our research, please see our website:
http://www.mpi.nl.

Candidates should have, or shortly expect to obtain, a high quality scientific
degree in psychology, cognitive neurosciences, or related areas. Masters
degrees involving several months of experience and training on a scientific
project will be considered advantageous. We seek exceptional students with a
talent and inclination for first class research. Candidates should have
excellent written and spoken command of English. Good knowledge of Dutch or
German would be advantageous.

The successful candidates will be affiliated with the department Psychology of
Language (A. Meyer). The positions are available as of 1 September 2016 and
are funded for 4 years. The institute provides state-of-the art research
facilities, technical support, as well as a conference and travel budget. All
students participate in the taught doctoral program of the International Max
Planck Research School in Language Sciences (IMPRS).

The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer.

For questions concerning the research program please write to
antje.meyer at mpi.nl.

To apply please write to evelyn.veen at mpi.nl.

Your application should include your CV, the names and e-mail addresses of two
referees, and a statement of your research interests (approximately 1000
words), where you describe your research experience and sketch with topic(s)
you might want to pursue in your PhD project.

For full consideration, applications should be submitted before April 15 2016.

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2016

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Antje Meyer
	Netherlands

Contact Information:
	Antje Meyer
	Dept:Psychology of Language
	Email:antje.meyer at mpi.nl

                       Fund Drive 2016

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $79,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out Fund Drive 2016 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

For all information on donating, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, PayPal or wire transfer, please visit:

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Indiana University and
as such can receive donations through the eLinguistics Foundation,
which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal
Tax number is 45-4211155. These donations can be offset against
your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only).
For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial
advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that
they will match any gift you make to a non-profit organization.
Normally this entails your contacting your human resources department
and sending us a form that the eLinguistics Foundation fills in and
returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative
procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if
your company operates such a program.