27.4491, Calls: Ling Theories, Syntax/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 3 19:47:26 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4491. Thu Nov 03 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4491, Calls: Ling Theories, Syntax/UK

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:47:12
From: Kari Kinn [kari.k.kinn at gmail.com]
Subject: Cambridge Comparative Syntax 6

Full Title: Cambridge Comparative Syntax 6
Short Title: CamCoS 6

Date: 04-May-2017 - 06-May-2017
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Theresa Biberauer
Meeting Email: mtb23 at cam.ac.uk
Web Site: http://recos-dtal.mml.cam.ac.uk/conference/camcos6

Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Syntax

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2017

Meeting Description:

After the success of the five previous CamCoS conferences (see:
http://recos-dtal.mml.cam.ac.uk/conference) and to celebrate what will
definitely be the final month of the ERC-funded Rethinking Comparative Syntax
(ReCoS) project, we are delighted to announce CamCoS 6. This 2.5-day
conference will take place in Cambridge 4–6 May 2017. The first half-day will
feature talks by Cambridge-based researchers, focusing in particular on the
major results of the ReCoS project. This will be followed by a full-day
general session on comparative generative syntax. The final day of the
conference will centre on the presentations of our eminent invited speakers.

The invited speakers for CamCoS 6 are:

Walter Bisang (Mainz)
Liliane Haegeman (Ghent)
Jason Merchant (Chicago)
Maria Polinsky (Maryland)
Andrew Simpson (USC)

The Scots Syntax Atlas team:
- David Adger (QMUL)
- Caroline Heycock (Edinburgh)
- Jennifer Smith (Glasgow)
- Gary Thoms (Glasgow)

Call for Papers:

For the general comparative syntax session, we invite abstracts for 30-minute
presentations on any topic in comparative generative syntax. We particularly
welcome papers explicitly addressing parametric issues and/or offering
comparative analyses (synchronic or diachronic) of previously un(der)studied
varieties and/or phenomena, and papers concerned with “bigger picture”
questions, such as what insights modern comparative generative syntax might
offer in relation to linguistic typology, syntax-interface mappings, and our
understanding of language as a cognitive system. We also encourage papers
concerned with methodologies for modern comparative generative syntax.

Anonymous abstracts should not exceed two pages (12-point Times New Roman
font, with single spacing and margins of at least 2.54cm/1 inch), including
examples and references. They should be uploaded in pdf format via
EasyAbstracts (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/camcos6). The submission
deadline is Friday, 15 January 2017.

Please see the conference and project website
(http://recos-dtal.mml.cam.ac.uk/conference/camcos6) or contact Theresa
Biberauer (mtb23 at cam.ac.uk) for more information.

                       Fund Drive 2016