27.4633, FYI: Collaboration Request

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 14 18:19:20 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4633. Mon Nov 14 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4633, FYI: Collaboration Request

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:18:49
From: Mariam Alghamdi [m.alghamdi2 at arts.ac.uk]
Subject: Collaboration Request

Call for Content/Collaborators

I’m looking for collaborators to develop the content of an engaging experience
that aims to target non Arabic speakers who has been exposed to what media
projects about Arab. It contains verbal and visual elements of Arabic language
in a playful fun presentation outside the usual political/ religious contexts
it's associated with.

Creative writers/narrators/researchers who are aware of where Arabic language
strength comes from and who knows how this elite content could be presented to
non Arabic speakers who probably never heard the sound of the language before
in a playful challenging way. This project aims for an artistic approach where
the final experience is more likely to be presented in an art gallery. It’s
not educational nor it aims to give a full explanation of what Arabic stands
for. Instead, it aims to trigger people’s perception about Arabic and to give
a taste of what's its melody sounds like.

I’m interested in working with people who aim for an experimental approach in
their work and who understand how international audience might receive Arabic
language.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions or requests.

Mariam AlGhamdi
MA Narrative Environment
Central Saint Martins College
University of the Arts