27.4685, Calls: General Lingusitics/Canada

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 15 20:05:27 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4685. Tue Nov 15 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4685, Calls: General Lingusitics/Canada

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:05:19
From: Cedric Ludlow [cedric.ludlow at gmail.com]
Subject: 10th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference

Full Title: 10th Toronto Undergraduate Linguistics Conference
Short Title: TULCON 10

Date: 03-Mar-2017 - 05-Mar-2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Person: Cedric Ludlow
Meeting Email: tulcon10th at gmail.com
Web Site: http://linguistlist.org/confservices/customhome.cfm?Emeetingid=6102JA4458567A5840A050441

Call Deadline: 20-Dec-2016

Meeting Description:

The University of Toronto Society of Linguistics Undergraduate Students
(SLUGS) is excited to announce its 10th annual Toronto Undergraduate
Linguistics Conference (TULCON10) to be held on 3-5 March 2017.

TULCON is a fantastic opportunity for linguistic undergraduate students to
meet their peers, share their work, and further their appreciation for
linguistics and language related studies.

We invite all undergraduate research - whether it be complete or in progress -
from any area of linguistics.

Submission Guidelines:

Abstracts should be approximately 500 words in length (not including
references). Please submit your abstracts in .pdf format by the 20 of December
at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/TULCON2017. We do not accept other file
formats. In your submission indicate whether or not you would like to present
a talk or a poster during our poster session.

Accepted speakers will have the opportunity to present for 20 minutes,
followed by an additional five-minute question period.

Citizens of countries who require a visa to enter Canada may submit abstracts
early. If you are among these individuals, please indicate how much time you
need to secure your visa. We will try to review your abstract as soon as
possible and send you a notification of acceptance at an earlier date.

If you have any questions, please contact us at tulcon10th at gmail.com.

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/