27.4823, Qs: Corpora with Accompanying Audio Files?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Nov 26 22:57:30 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4823. Sat Nov 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4823, Qs: Corpora with Accompanying Audio Files?

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 17:57:20
From: Nicholas Piccinini [nap3de at virginia.edu]
Subject: Corpora with Accompanying Audio Files?

Hello all,

I am seeking assistance in identifying corpora that contain accompanying audio
files (for English).

I am a MA student researching particular pronoun usages in speech, but have
had little success in finding corpora that contain the original spoken forms
of that which is transcribed. The majority of what I have found are text-only
transcriptions, such as the Open American National Corpus (OANC) and the
Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA).

An example of the type of arrangement I am seeking is the Santa Barbara Corpus
of Spoken American English (SBCSAE) in which the audio files of the original
utterances are available alongside of the text-corpus.

Any suggestions or leads that you may have would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your help!

Best,

Nicholas Piccinini
nap3de at virginia.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Applied Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics

                       Fund Drive 2016