27.4850, Qs: Call for Participants: ELT Survey Study

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 28 19:43:19 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4850. Mon Nov 28 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4850, Qs:  Call for Participants: ELT Survey Study

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 14:43:11
From: Bryan Meadows [meadowsb at fdu.edu]
Subject: Call for Participants: ELT Survey Study

Project Title: Do You Teach About American Culture?

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Bryan Meadows, and I am an associate professor at Fairleigh
Dickinson University (Teaneck, USA). I am conducting a global survey of
English language teachers.

The survey is collecting information about how English language teachers in
global settings teach about American culture to their students. Put another
way, I'm interested in surveying the content of culture teaching in the
English language classroom when American culture is the topic of instruction

If you are a currently an English language teacher and you are at least 18
years of age, I invite you to participate in the online survey.

The survey should take 10 minutes to complete. The survey link is pasted
below. After clicking the survey link, you will be provided with a disclaimer
statement. Once you agree to the disclaimer, you will be directed to the
actual survey questions.

Thank you in advance for your kind support of my project. I look forward to
learning from you. This project has been approved by the FDU Institutional
Review Board (IRB) from 11/21/2016 until 11/20/2017.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QK3MSPG

Best,

Bryan Meadows, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Sammartino School of Education
Director, Second Language Teacher Education Programs
Fairleigh Dickinson University

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

                       Fund Drive 2016