27.3893, Internships: Phonology: Mandarin Chinese Language Consultant/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 3 15:49:25 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3893. Mon Oct 03 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3893, Internships: Phonology: Mandarin Chinese Language Consultant/UK

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:43:20
From: Rebecca Mead [mead at speech-graphics.com]
Subject: Mandarin Chinese Language Consultant

 University or Organization: Speech Graphics
Web Address: https://www.speech-graphics.com

Type of Work: Phonology Consultation

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Phonetics
                     Phonology
                     Sociolinguistics

Duration: 10-Oct-2016 to 14-Oct-2016
Compensation: Paid £13/hour
Internship Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Minimum Education Level: BA
Native speaker of Mandarin Chinese with Linguistics/Phonetics background
required to consult on a Chinese pronunciation dictionary, alignment of
Chinese speech, and Chinese dialectal variation. This will be short-term work
for up to one week.

Must be familiar with the International Phonetic Alphabet and Mandarin
phonology. Experience working with spectrograms is a bonus. You will consult
with our linguists to apply your knowledge of Mandarin phonology, common
variation, and dialect differences to our speech technology.

Application Deadline: 02-Dec-2016

Contact Information:
jobs at speech-graphics.com
Email CV and personal statement to jobs at speech-graphics.com with subject line "Mandarin Chinese language consultant".