27.3948, Support: General Lingusitics, PhD / USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 5 15:35:44 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3948. Wed Oct 05 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3948, Support:  General Lingusitics, PhD / USA

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:35:34
From: Aniko Csirmaz [aniko.csirmaz at utah.edu]
Subject: General Lingusitics, PhD, University of Utah, USA

 Institution/Organization: University of Utah
Department: Linguistics
Web Address: http://linguistics.utah.edu

Level: PhD

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Utah offers opportunities
for students interested in earning a PhD degree in linguistics. Our faculty
specialize in:

- Theoretical syntax and semantics:
http://linguistics.utah.edu/syntaxsemantics.php
- Phonology, and second language phonology:
http://speechlab.utah.edu/studyL2phonology.php.

Our faculty also have interests in historical linguistics, psycholinguistics,
sociolinguistics and second language teaching. More information about faculty
interests can be found at http://linguistics.utah.edu.

The Department seeks candidates who are interested in pursuing a rigorous
program of study and mentoring in research. Financial support is available for
PhD students. Full information about our graduate program can be found here:
http://linguistics.utah.edu/graduate/index.php.

For information on how to apply, please visit
http://linguistics.utah.edu/graduate/future-students/apply.php or contact
ling-gradprogram at lists.utah.edu. Domestic applicants should submit materials
by January 15, 2017. International applicants should submit materials by
December 15, 2016.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2017

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Kacey Campbell