27.4043, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor, New York University

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 11 14:32:10 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4043. Tue Oct 11 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4043, Jobs: Syntax: Assistant Professor, New York University

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:32:07
From: Christopher Collins [cc116 at nyu.edu]
Subject: Syntax: Assistant Professor, New York University, New York City, USA

University or Organization: New York University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Title: Visiting Assistant Professor in Syntax
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax

Department of Linguistics
Arts and Science
New York University

The Department of Linguistics at New York University invites applications for
a one-year visiting assistant professor position in syntax, beginning
September 1, 2017 (pending administrative and budgetary approval). Applicants
should have a strong research record in syntax. Responsibilities include
teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, including one research seminar,
and supervising student research.

Applicants should submit an application including a description of their
research program; a teaching statement; curriculum vitae; names of three
recommenders; and work samples. To apply, please use the NYU Department of
Linguistics at the URL below.  Recommenders will be sent an e-mail request for
the letters of recommendation. Review of application materials will begin on
December 1, 2016, and only recommendation letters received by December 15,
2016 will receive full consideration.

The Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading research
university that spans the globe. We seek scholars of the highest caliber, who
embody the diversity of the United States as well as the global society in
which we live. We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and
ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the
profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical
ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis. NYU
affirms the value of differing perspectives on the world as we strive to build
the strongest possible university with the widest reach. To learn more about
the FAS commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion, please read here:
http://as.nyu.edu/page/diversityinitiative.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2016
	, NY
Web Address for Applications: http://linguistics.as.nyu.edu/page/home