27.4050, Jobs: English; French; Spanish; Italian; Norwegian; Japanese; Chinese; Korean; Applied Linguistics; Phonetics: Phonetician, DefinedCrowd

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 11 14:55:16 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4050. Tue Oct 11 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4050, Jobs: English; French; Spanish; Italian; Norwegian; Japanese; Chinese; Korean; Applied Linguistics; Phonetics: Phonetician, DefinedCrowd

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:55:13
From: Daniela Braga [hr at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: , ----------------
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/en-us/
Job Title: Phoneticians of UK English, French, Italian
Job Rank: Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Phonetics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)
                      Italian (ita)
                      Japanese (jpn)
                      Korean (kor)
                      Norwegian Nynorsk (nno)
                      Spanish (spa)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (http://www.definedcrowd.com), headquartered in
Seattle, Washington, with a R&D center in Lisbon, Portugal. We provide machine
learning training data for artificial intelligence products and applications
internationally. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to cutting-edge
AI and robotics companies and we've just been invested in by Amazon and Sony.
We are a Microsoft Accelerator alumni company, and we are recognized as the
fastest growing company in the big data arena for AI. As we continue to expand
our international footprint at DefinedCrowd, we are looking for talented new
members to join this energetic, hardworking and fun team in both our Seattle
headquarters and in our Lisbon R&D center. As we continue to grow at
DefinedCrowd, we are constantly challenging ourselves to find the most
efficient way to manage business operation, to build the most suitable and
sustainable models for our business, and to create a highly recognized and
trusted brand among both clients and crowd communities.

Current job offers:
- Phoneticians for UK English, French (France), Spanish (Spain), Italian,
Norwegian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean

We are looking for Phoneticians with a strong linguistic background
academically and hands-on experiences working on phonetic transcription or
related projects. The candidate will have the opportunity to join an
internship or lead a team of multiple linguists if proven to be an accountable
and reliable resource.

The position starts immediately and is an ongoing engagement. The estimated
workload is about 20-30 minutes daily except weekends. The work is to be
performed online.

The job responsibilities include:
- Provide phonetic transcription according to project guidelines.
- Provide feedbacks and improvement suggestions of phonetic transcription
process.
- Provide inputs on system workflow design.
- Work closely with Project Manager to manage the project execution.
- Potentially manage a team of linguists to perform other linguistics related
tasks.

The required qualifications are:
- Native speakers.
- BA in Linguistics. Masters is a plus.
- Some experience with phonetic transcription and familiarity with IPA and
other phonetic alphabets.
- Strong communication skills along with ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team player and
independently.

Email Address for Applications: hr at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	CEO Daniela Braga