27.4063, Jobs: Indo-Aryan; Iranian; Semantics; Translation: Consultant, Center for Language Studies, Radboud University

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 11 19:32:17 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4063. Tue Oct 11 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4063, Jobs: Indo-Aryan; Iranian; Semantics; Translation: Consultant, Center for Language Studies, Radboud University

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:32:14
From: Alex Carstensen [a.carstensen at let.ru.nl]

University or Organization: Radboud University
Department: Centre for Language Studies
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.ru.nl/cls/
Job Title: Linguistic consultant
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Semantics; Translation

Required Language(s): Assamese (asm)
                      Bengali (ben)
                      Dari (prs)
                      Garhwali (gbm)
                      Hindi (hin)
                      Kurdish, Central (ckb)
                      Magahi (mag)
                      Maithili (mai)
                      Nayini (nyq)
                      Oriya (ori)
                      Ossetic (oss)
                      Sinhalese (sin)
                      Vafsi (vaf)
                      Indo-Aryan
                      Iranian

Linguistic consultants in Iranian and Indo-Aryan languages

We are seeking linguistic consultants to assist with coding of data in several
Iranian and Indo-Aryan languages (listed at the bottom) for the Evolution of
Semantic Systems project initiated by the Max Planck Institute for
Psycholinguistics and Centre for Language Studies, Radboud University in
Nijmegen, the Netherlands. If you are a native speaker of any of these
languages or have experience with linguistics in these languages, we would
love to hear from you!

For this project, naming data was collected across several semantic domains
(colors, body parts, spatial relations, and containers). These data were audio
recorded and transcribed into coding sheets, and are now being checked and
coded. We are looking for a consultant on each of these languages who could
help us validate the transcriptions of our data against the audio recordings
and assist in standardization of the data. You would:

- Check the transcribed responses against those on the original audio
recordings
- Adjust the coding where it is inconsistent with the audio recordings
- Aid in basic translation and coding of responses

The position is paid at €15 per hour for up to a maximum of 40 hours and we
are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, precise, and will be available
for ongoing consultation as necessary over a period of approximately two
months. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact
Alex at a.carstensen at let.ru.nl.

LANGUAGES: Assamese, Bengali, Central Kurdish, *Fars, *Gahrwali, Hindi,
Haryanvi-Hindi, Magahi, Maithili, Nayini, Oriya, Ossetic, Singhalese, Vafsi

*For the languages Fars and Gahrwali, audio recordings have not yet been
transcribed, and we are seeking a consultant to both transcribe the raw data
and assist in the coding process described above. This position is paid at €15
per hour and may extend beyond 40 hours as necessary.

http://meaningculturecognition.ruhosting.nl/wanted-linguistic-consultants-in-i
ranian-and-indo-aryan-languages/

Email Address for Applications: a.carstensen at let.ru.nl
Contact Information: