27.4093, FYI: Looking for Tertiary teachers of foreign languages

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 12 17:30:34 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4093. Wed Oct 12 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4093, FYI: Looking for Tertiary teachers of foreign languages

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Yue Chen <yue at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:30:05
From: Carolina Castro Huercano [carolina.castro at flinders.edu.au]

 Dear colleagues,

I am a Phd student from Flinders University in Australia and I am conducting a
study on Project Based Learning for second language teaching/learning at
Higher Education.

As you know, there are not many studies on the use of PBL and second
languages, and I wonder why, despite how recommended it is in educational
forums, there is little adoption by language instructors. Any advice on case
studies or departments using this approach now would be of great help.

I need participants who are teaching a second/foreign language at a Higher
Education University, you don't need to have used PBL before.

In return I offer you some of the resources I have compiled on PBL and L2 in
this blog, and the chance to propose your ideas too:
http://carocastro2000.wixsite.com/pbllanguages

I just need you to complete a 5 minutes online survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/projectsL2world

Your collaboration is paramount to unfold the challenges and benefits that PBL
entails for second language educators at Tertiary level.

Any enquiries you may have concerning this project can be directed to me by
telephone on (+61) 0468702657, by Skype at Carolina.castro2 or by e-mail at
carolina.castro at flinders.edu.au.

                       Fund Drive 2016