27.4192, Confs: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis/Spain

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 18 18:56:05 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4192. Tue Oct 18 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4192, Confs: Applied Ling, Disc Analysis/Spain

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:55:50
From: Mari Carmen Campoy Cubillo [campoy at uji.es]
Subject: II Webinar on Multimodal Discourse Analysis

II Webinar on Multimodal Discourse Analysis
Short Title: WMULTIDISCOURSE

Date: 24-Oct-2016 - 04-Nov-2016
Location: Castellón, Spain
Contact: Inmaculada Fortanet Gómez
Contact Email: fortanet at uji.es
Meeting URL: http://www.grape.uji.es/wordpress/?lang=en

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis

Meeting Description:

This is the second edition of the International Webinar on Multimodal
Discourse Analysis. The GRAPE (Group for Research on Academic and Professional
English - http://www.grape.uji.es) makes a call for researchers who have
already carried out some research on this topic or are truly interested in it.
Our purpose is to have a rich exchange of ideas that can make a relevant
contribution to this field of research.

This new edition of the Webinar consists of two parts. The first one will be
developed from the 24 to the 28 of October and is formed by 3 online forums in
which you will be asked to make at least one contribution with a new idea or
comment on another researcher's contribution. The topics of the three forums
are:

1. Methodological questions in multimodal analysis research
2. Pedagogical applications
3. Future of research on multimodality

The second part consists of four online lectures, which will be delivered from
the 2 to the 4 of November by well-known colleagues: Gunther Kress, Teresa
Morell, and Jesse Pirini (see the www.grape.uji.es for further information).

These lectures will be broadcast to all participants through streaming, and
will be followed by a Q & A session in which you will also be asked to
participate by sending questions or comments in writing or through
video-conferencing.

After the webinar, we will produce a summary of all contributions, which will
be sent to all participants.

We are very excited with this second webinar and think it can be interesting
not only to find out more on multimodality but also to 'meet' other colleagues
working on the same topic and to learn about their points of view and their
research. We would appreciate it if you could distribute this information to
other colleagues that might also be interested in the topic.

Remember participation is free of charge, but we need to contact all
participants to provide technical instructions, so please register at
www.goo.gl/ODtCDp not later than 21 of October.

We look forward to your participation.

Inmaculada Fortanet-Gómez
Coordinator of Group for Research on Academic and Professional English (GRAPE)
Universitat Jaume I
Castelló (Spain)

                       Fund Drive 2016