27.4285, Qs: Self Paced Reading with Tobii T60 and E-Prime

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 25 18:04:22 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4285. Tue Oct 25 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4285, Qs: Self Paced Reading with Tobii T60 and E-Prime

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:04:13
From: Gabriela Zunino [zgabrielamariel at gmail.com]
Subject: Self Paced Reading with Tobii T60 and E-Prime

I am having some problems to present long sentences at once (as stimuli) and
obtain gaze data in a self paced reading task. I understand I need an E-Prime
script to indicate Tobii, through E-Prime, to do that (with some command named
HitTest), but all the tutorials and examples I see use single objects (images
or words) that are easy to segment and mark as individual objects. It is
really a problem to do the placing on the screen with a long sentence and
different AOIs on it.

Someone can help me with this or perhaps show me a script already prepared to
do that?

Thank you very much,
Gabriela

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics