27.4304, Jobs: Danish; Dutch; Finnish; Norwegian Bokmål; Swedish; General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist/Annotator, Lionbridge Oy

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 26 13:40:26 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4304. Wed Oct 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4304, Jobs: Danish; Dutch; Finnish; Norwegian Bokmål; Swedish; General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist/Annotator, Lionbridge Oy

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:40:17
From: Elena Pirttisalo [elena.pirttisalo at lionbridge.com]

University or Organization: Lionbridge Oy
Department: Tampere
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.lionbridge.com
Job Title: Linguist/Annotator: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian Bokmal
Job Rank: Linguist/Annotator; Other

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Danish (dan)
                      Dutch (nld)
                      Finnish (fin)
                      Norwegian Bokmål (nob)
                      Swedish (swe)

Required Skills/Background:

- Bachelor’s or Master’s in general linguistics or related studies
- Native language: Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, or Norwegian Bokmal
- Strong linguistic comprehension
- Experience in annotation/corpus/dictionary/terminology work is a plus
- Programming skills are a plus
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, other language skills are a plus
- Possibility to work part-time (around 30 hours/week) on freelancer basis.

The project is starting:

For Dutch: as soon as we qualify our experts
For the rest of the languages: December 2015
And will be ongoing for 5 months.

Tasks will include: POS annotation of a corpus

Please send the application with the hourly rate request and your CV to the
application email below.

Lionbridge is a leading provider of translation, online marketing, global
content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand
consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points
of the global customer lifecycle.

Using our innovative cloud technologies, global program management expertise
and our worldwide crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we
provide integrated solutions that enable clients to successfully market, sell
and support their products and services in global markets.

Application Deadline: 13-Nov-2016

Email Address for Applications: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com
Contact Information:
	Resource Coordinator Elena Pirttisalo