27.4392, Summer Schools: The 2017 SLE Summer School

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 28 19:55:20 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4392. Fri Oct 28 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4392, Summer Schools: The 2017 SLE Summer School

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:54:58
From: Martin Hilpert [martin.hilpert at unine.ch]
Subject: The 2017 SLE Summer School

The 2017 SLE Summer School

Host Institution: Université de Neuchâtel
Coordinating Institution: Université de Neuchâtel
Website: http://members.unine.ch/martin.hilpert/SLEsummer.html

Dates: 07-Sep-2017 - 09-Sep-2017
Location: Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel, Switzerland

Focus: general linguistics, linguistic methodology, linguistic typology
Minimum Education Level: MA

The Societas Linguistica Europaea invites applications from current PhD
students for participation in the 2017 SLE summer school, which will take
place in September 2017 at the University of Neuchâtel in Switzerland. The
summer school will offer a range of short theoretical and methodological
courses that will introduce the participants to linguistic topics of high
current relevance. The courses will be complemented by three keynote lectures.

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                      Discipline of Linguistics
                      General Linguistics
                      Genetic Classification
                      Historical Linguistics
                      Linguistic Theories
                      Psycholinguistics
                      Syntax
                      Text/Corpus Linguistics
                      Typology

Tuition: 0 USD

Tuition Explanation: The summer school is competitive, with a total of 30 places. Tuition,
accommodation and lunches will be provided free of charge for successful
applicants, but we ask delegates to pay for their own travel to and from
Neuchâtel.

Registration: 27-Oct-2016 to 01-Jan-2017

Contact Person: Martin Hilpert
                Email: martin.hilpert at unine.ch

Apply by Email: SLEsummer2017 at gmail.com

Registration Instructions:
All applications have to be sent in electronic form to
SLEsummer2017 at gmail.com. Applications have to contain the following items,
combined in a single PDF document:

1. A cover page with the applicant’s name, address, university affiliation,
and employment status (PhD student, scholarship holder, instructor, etc.).

2. A brief letter of motivation that explains why the applicant wishes to
participate (max. 600 words).

3. A brief curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages, including information on 1:
research interests and dissertation topic, 2: publications, 3: talks, and 4:
awards / scholarships)

4. A list that ranks the six courses in terms of the applicant’s preferences,
from 1 (This is my favorite course) to 6 (I will take this course if there is
no other option). The schedule will allow the attendance of two courses. We
will try to accommodate the applicants’ wishes as best we can.

5. Proof of current SLE membership (available at
http://www.societaslinguistica.eu/members/login.php, screenshots are fine)

All applications have to be sent to SLEsummer2017 at gmail.com by the deadline of
January 1, 2017. All incoming applications will be acknowledged.

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/