27.3448, Jobs: General Linguistics: Chair of Department / Full Professor, La Trobe University

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 1 14:56:20 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3448. Thu Sep 01 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3448, Jobs: General Linguistics: Chair of Department / Full Professor, La Trobe University

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:56:01
From: Natalie Walker [LTUHoDLanguages at odgersberndtson.com]
Subject: General Linguistics: Chair of Department / Full Professor, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

University or Organization: La Trobe University
Department: Department of Languages and Linguistics
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Job Title: Professor of Language Diversity
Job Rank: Chair of Department; Full Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making
a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and
create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world
under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's
research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional
Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant
issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the
communities we serve.

The College of the Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce is going through a
period of exciting growth and renewal. The Pro-Vice Chancellor, Professor Tony
McGrew is now seeking to appoint a Head of Department of Languages and
Linguistics (Professor of Language Diversity).

Reporting to the Head of School of Humanities and Social Sciences, you will be
responsible for the development and maintenance of a high quality learning
environment, the delivery of research and teaching agendas, and providing
enhanced academic leadership across the Department and the School.

Our research in Language, Communication & Culture ranks ‘above world standard’
in ERA 2015 with the following languages offered: Chinese, French, Greek,
Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. Our
Linguistics subjects are ranked in the Top 200 globally by the QS World
University Rankings and ‘above world standard’ for Linguistics research.

For full information and a confidential discussion, please contact:

Natalie Walker at Odgers Berndtson Executive Search
LTUHoDLanguages at odgersberndtson.com

Application Deadline: 19-Sep-2016

Email Address for Applications: LTUHoDLanguages at odgersberndtson.com
Contact Information: