27.3473, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Viet Nam

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 2 15:32:48 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3473. Fri Sep 02 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3473, Calls: Comp Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling/Viet Nam

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:32:12
From: Szymon Grzelak [sgrzelak at amu.edu.pl]
Subject: International Conference on Asian Linguistics

Full Title: International Conference on Asian Linguistics
Short Title: ICAL2016 @HCMC

Date: 15-Dec-2016 - 16-Dec-2016
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Contact Person: Szymon Grzelak
Meeting Email: ical2016hcmc at gmail.com
Web Site: http://ical.amu.edu.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2016

Meeting Description:

ICAL2016 @HCMC is an international conference organized jointly by the
Institute of Linguistics, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, and Nguyen Tat
Thanh University. With more than 30 years of tradition in teaching and
researching languages and cultures of Asia, we wish to bring together
researchers working in various subfields of Asian linguistics. Our goal is to
inquire how theoretical research can be complemented by empirically oriented
studies.

2nd Call for Papers:

In particular, we welcome contributions from the following areas, as well as
thematic session proposals.

- Semantics
- Pragmatics
- Descriptive/field linguistics
- Corpus linguistics
- Dialectology and language change
- Applied linguistics
- Natural language processing

Abstract Submission:

The language of the conference is English. We invite anonymous abstracts (one
page A4) for 20-minute oral presentations and the poster session. Each
contribution should be submitted electronically as a pdf file through
EasyChair:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ical2016hcmc

All submissions will be reviewed by an international scientific panel.
Selected papers will be published in a conference volume.

Important Dates:

Abstract submission deadline: September 15, 2016
Notification of acceptance: September 31, 2016
Registration: October 30, 2016
Conference: December 15-16, 2016

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/