27.3648, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Program Manager, DefinedCrowd, Lisbon, Portugal

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 15 19:05:16 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3648. Thu Sep 15 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3648, Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Program Manager, DefinedCrowd, Lisbon, Portugal

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:05:08
From: Daniela Braga [daniela at definedcrowd.com]

University or Organization: DefinedCrowd
Job Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Web Address: https://www.definedcrowd.com/en-us/
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (http://www.definedcrowd.com), headquartered in
Seattle, Washington, with a R&D center in Lisbon, Portugal. We provide machine
learning training data for artificial intelligence products and applications
internationally. Our clients ranges from Fortune 500 companies to cutting-edge
AI and robotics companies and we just got invested by Amazon and Sony. We are
a Microsoft Accelerator alumni company, and we are recognized as the fastest
growing company in the big data arena for AI. As we continue to expand our
international footprint at DefinedCrowd, we are looking for talented new
members to join this energetic, hardworking and fun team in both Seattle
headquarter and in Lisbon R&D center. As we continue to grow at DefinedCrowd,
we are constantly challenging ourselves with finding the most efficient way to
manage business operation, building most suitable and sustainable models for
our lines of business, creating a highly recognized and trusted brand among
both clients and crowd communities.

We are looking for a Program Manager with an NLP background reporting to the
Program Manager Lead in Lisbon. He/she will be responsible for helping
managing customer deliverables, defining data quality, working with the
Engineering team on the platform features, validating quality against customer
requirements and data reporting and analytics. Scripting and basic programming
skills will be required.

Required skills:

- BA in Linguistics or equivalent. Masters in Computational Linguistics is a
plus.
- Experience in project management: gathering requirements; planning; resource
allocation; communication with developers.
- Technical Skills: Python; Perl; Regular Expressions; SQL; Excel; Microsoft
Office Suite;
- Proficiency in more than 2 languages.
- Proactivity, initiative, positive attitude, ability to solve problems
creatively.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with ambiguity.
- Able to work with flexible hours when the interactions with Seattle
headquarters is needed or with overseas customers and partners.

Please submit your resume to hr at definedcrowd.com. We are looking forward to
hearing from you.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2017 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: hr at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Daniela Braga
	Email: daniela at definedcrowd.com