27.3744, Calls: Romance, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 21 19:38:05 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3744. Wed Sep 21 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3744, Calls: Romance, General Linguistics/USA

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:37:47
From: Irene Vogel [ivogel at udel.edu]
Subject: 47th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages

Full Title: 47th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages
Short Title: 47th LSRL

Date: 20-Apr-2017 - 23-Apr-2017
Location: Newark, Delaware, USA
Contact Person: Irene Vogel
Meeting Email: lsrl2017udel at gmail.com
Web Site: http://sites.udel.edu/lsrl47

Language Family(ies): Romance

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2016

Meeting Description:

The Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science at the University of
Delaware (Newark, DE) will host the 47th Linguistic Symposium on Romance
Languages (LSRL 47), April 20 - April 23, 2017.

The theme for the conference is bridges: bridging across languages, across
approaches and methodologies, less studied languages and research areas.

Invited Speakers:

Armin Schwegler, University of California, Irvine
Gregory Guy, New York University
Paola Merlo, Université de Genève
Thierry Nazzi, Université Paris, Descartes
Pilar Prieto, Universitat Pompeu Fabra

Call for Papers:

The theme for the conference is bridges: bridging across languages, across
approaches and methodologies, less studied languages and research areas.

Thus, we welcome contributions on all aspects of Romance languages and
dialects from all perspectives, including: syntax, phonology, semantics,
historical, etc. We welcome contributions that are theoretical, applied or
cross-disciplinary.

Abstract Submission:

We invite abstract submissions for the LSRL for 20-minute talks (plus 10
minutes for discussion) and/or posters (posters should measure approx. 3ft x
4ft or 90cm x 120cm) on any aspect of Romance Linguistics.

All abstracts should be anonymous, no more than two pages in length (including
examples and references), in 12-point font, 8.5x11-inch page setup (= US
Letter), with 1-inch margins. Submissions are limited to one individual and
one joint abstract per author, and papers must be in English. To submit an
abstract for LSRL 47, please go to the following link:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/LSRL47.

We also welcome abstract submissions for Special Sessions.

Special Sessions may be proposed on any linguistic topic that would be of
interest to meeting attendees, but we especially welcome proposals consistent
with the theme of ''bridges'' (e.g., first and second language acquisition,
psycholinguistics, minority endangered varieties, neurolinguistics, etc.).

Special Sessions will run concurrently with regular sessions, so contributions
should follow the usual format (20 minutes + 10 minutes discussion). Possible
session structures may consist of a combination of 1 session (3 papers) &
posters or a sequence of 2 sessions (6 papers), introduced by a general
paper-length presentation on the topic. Other options will also be considered.

If you are interested in proposing a Special Session, please contact the
LSRL47 Organizers for detailed information on options and instructions at
lsrl2017udel at gmail.com.

(Note: Abstracts for special sessions will be subject to the same criteria as
regular abstracts.)

Deadline for receipt of abstracts: November 15, 2016.

We anticipate offering a prize for the best student abstract (authored solely
by a student or students).

Note: See instructions on submission website for consideration for this prize.

We also anticipate offering several competitive travel grants for students.

                       Fund Drive 2016

          http://multitree.org/