28.1626, Calls: English; General Linguistics / Metaphorik.de (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 3 20:49:20 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1626. Mon Apr 03 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1626, Calls:  English; General Linguistics / Metaphorik.de (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 16:49:18
From: Anke Beger [ankebeger at gmail.com]

Full Title: Metaphorik.de

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Aug-2017

Call for Papers: Special Issue ''Metaphor and Migration''

The special issue of the international journal metaphorik.de seeks to
contribute to understanding the (current) discourse(s) about refugees and
migrants by revealing underlying conceptualizations of, and attitudes towards,
the geographical movements and the people involved. In order to better
understand discussions of migration, immigration and refugees, the special
issue ''Metaphor and Migration'' will examine the use of metaphor and/or
metonymy in different discourse types.

We invite contributions that investigate how migration, including refugees and
immigrants, is represented and conceptualized metaphorically or metonymically
in any type of discourse (such as political discourse or discourse in
different media/social media).

Abstracts of 300-500 words in length (excluding references) should clearly
indicate the scope of research, methodology, and (expected) results. Please
submit your abstract by August 15th, 2017 to info at metaphorik.de. Authors will
be notified of the acceptance/rejection of their proposal in September 2017.
The entire paper will be due by January 31st, 2018. The final version of the
submitted papers will be published in the special issue of metaphorik.de in
June 2018.

Metaphorik.de is an international journal that strives to promote scientific
exchange about topics concerning metaphor and metonymy. The online version of
metaphrik.de is an open access journal which contributes to the accessibility
of current research. While the editorial team perceives of metaphorik.de
primarily as an online journal, we also offer a print version of all issues
for purchase. Metaphorik.de advocates interdisciplinary perspectives on
metaphor and metonymy. We therefore explicitly welcome contributions that are
not limited to the field of linguistics. Researchers in the areas of cultural
studies or sociology, for example, are also encouraged to contribute to the
special issue on migration and metaphor or to our journal in general (see our
homepage at http://www.metaphorik.de/en for more information).

Important dates:

- Submission of abstracts: August 15th, 2017
- Notification of acceptance of proposal: September 2017
- Submission of full-text papers: January 31st, 2018
- Notification of acceptance of full-text papers: March 31st, 2018
- Publication of special issue: June 2018

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/