28.1640, Calls: Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Lexicography/Canada

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 4 16:31:53 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1640. Tue Apr 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1640, Calls: Anthro Ling, Gen Ling, Lang Documentation, Lexicography/Canada

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 12:31:45
From: Marianne Huijsmans [ubcwpl at gmail.com]
Subject: 52nd International Conference on Salish and Neighbouring Languages

Full Title: 52nd International Conference on Salish and Neighbouring Languages
Short Title: ICSNL

Date: 18-Aug-2017 - 19-Aug-2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact Person: Marianne Ignace
Meeting Email: ignace at sfu.a
Web Site: http://icsnl.org

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Lexicography

Call Deadline: 28-Apr-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 52nd Annual International Conference on
Salish and Neighbouring Languages (ICSNL) will be held August 2017, hosted by
Simon Fraser University.

The International Conference on Salish and Neighbouring Languages is an annual
conference focused on the documentation, analysis, preservation, and teaching
of Salish and neighbouring languages.

Call for Papers:

All papers relevant to the documentation, analysis, preservation, and teaching
of Salish and neighbouring languages are welcome. Please visit the conference
website for more information about the conference.

Deadline for receipt of papers: April 28, 2017.

All papers submitted by the deadline will appear in a volume of pre-prints,
published by UBC Working Papers in Linguistics. The volume can be ordered
online, in which case it will be available for pick up at the conference. A
limited number will be available for purchase on site.

- Please use the templates and stylesheet found at the UBC Working Papers
website, updating any previously saved files to the current version.
- Authors may submit in other formats but are then responsible for ensuring
their paper conforms to the stylesheet.
- For authors and presenters from last year’s ICSNL (2016): If your paper was
late or did not otherwise appear in last year’s volume, we encourage you to
submit these papers for inclusion in the current volume.
- Please submit your papers electronically in .pdf, .doc, or .odt format to
ubcwpl at gmail.com by the deadline.
- When you submit your paper, please indicate whether you intend to present at
the conference or just to have your paper published in the precedings.

To view previous ICSNL volumes, we invite you to explore the Kinkade
collection, which includes ICS(N)L papers from 1966 to the present.

For questions about submitting papers, please contact ubcwpl at gmail.com.

For questions about the conference, please contact ignace at sfu.ca.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/