28.1644, Fund Drive: Syntax leading Computational Lingusitics, Indiana in second place behind Washington!

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 4 18:05:46 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1644. Tue Apr 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1644, Fund Drive: Syntax leading Computational Lingusitics, Indiana in second place behind Washington!

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:05:38
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear LINGUIST List Challengers,

Now that we are more than half way through our Fund Drive - though still quite
far from reaching our goal, so we need your help!
http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/ - the excitement is raising in the
Challenges!

Indiana University, that was lagging behind Stanford and Washington, has just
leaped to second position with only a $10 advantage on Stanford! We are
starting to feel the University of Washington, in first place for the last few
weeks, tremble from the threat of these two Universities, quickly catching up!

The tension is even more tangible in the Subfield Category, where
Syntacticians have suddenly passed Computational Linguists, with an advantage
of $56, now in first position! Behind Computational Linguists, Sociolinguists
are striving to maintain a third place, constantly challenged by Semanticists.
There is still time for them to challenge the first position!

In the Country Challenge, the UK and Germany are still tied, though the number
of donors from each country is still growing! At this point, both countries
count 22 donors, with Spain in third position for Europe, 12 donors.

Each of you is part of at least one of these challenges! You can support your
team, and the LINGUIST List, all at once in just one donation! This is surely
money well spent!

Support your team before the end of the Fund Drive:

- the LINGUIST List

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.