28.1707, Calls: Discourse Analysis / Studii de lingvistica (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 7 14:55:45 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1707. Fri Apr 07 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1707, Calls:  Discourse Analysis / Studii de lingvistica (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:55:36
From: Daciana Vlad [dacianavlad at yahoo.fr]

Full Title: Studii de lingvistica

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis

Call Deadline: 30-Apr-2017

Journal Studii de lingvistica 8-2018
& Workshop in Montpellier (France), October 20-21 2017

Coordinators: M. Sandré, A. Richard and F. Hailon

Identity Political Discourse facing migrations

Migration phenomena are questioning the way to conceive territories and
relations with populations. The two elements are not fixed, neither in time,
nor space; they can be modified and they are evolving with their own
definitions and with the way we are constantly considering them. The identity
of a territory and its inhabitants are facing new characteristics, new
delimitations, that have to consider the past as a whole. This publication
deals with migrations and the way they are understood and treated in identity
political discourses.

Migrations (im)pose numerous changes, for the refugees themselves, but also
for the inhabitants of the hosts countries. As for the refugees, there are
deep changes in their minds, cultures, national and identity perspectives
dealing with new social norms, relational codes and even languages. From the
host countries perspectives, the arrival of a new population can generate
problems related to the principles of integration, insertion and more broadly
acceptance and recognition. Major changes seem to operate in the hosting
countries where we can state the growth of nationalism with violent reactions
related to the feeling of insecurity, fear or national preference. Xenophobic
acts are often perpetrated.

Thus we can question ourselves how to deal the topics related to migration
trough the lens of discourse analysis in general. What does the discourse
analyst have to bring to the understanding of these historic, geographical,
sociological, ethnological and anthropological phenomena? What are the tools
to think and consider the move and reception in the media and political
narratives? For example, we think of analysis dealing with notions such as
event, memory, circulation, interdiscourse, heterogeneity or interaction.
Thus, what are the specific linguistic, typological or stereotypical
discourses on migration? How can we analyze the discourse on migration that is
sometimes different locally and globally? But also, how can we understand the
discourse of rejection, violence and immobility? How can we grasp the
discourses of national or international readjustments, as well as political,
cultural and identity justifications? In what way events related to migrations
are named and treated in media and political discourses?

These questions will help us draw a state of the art from the inside and the
outside of national spaces and more broadly nourish the reflection of
discourse studies on societies. We are conceiving that political spaces are
mental spaces in individual ecosystems.

We are inviting contributors to propose political discourse analysis or media
discourse analysis (with no limitation regarding the type of media), adopting
an intercultural perspective or focusing upon a nation or an area in
particular and dealing with global migration phenomena or some more specific
aspects. The collection of these articles will aim to question the
socio-discursive analysis on migrations in an international dimension.

Submission:

Abstract: one page (3.000-5.000 signs) with clear mention of your data and
methodology. Bibliographic references and five key-words are also needed.
Languages: French or English.

The selected proposals will take part in a conference taking place in
Montpellier University, 20-21 October 2017.

Propositions should be sent at: studiidelingvistica at uoradea.ro and
discours.politique at gmail.com.

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.